Qualify for OPT extension
STEM-designated program. International students may qualify for a 36-month Optional Practical Training (OPT) extension upon graduation.
In Haslam’s MSBA program, you will be part of a tight-knit community. The curriculum emphasizes small cohorts, career coaching and team building to reflect real-world business dynamics.
Engage with corporate partners
Annual business analytics forum provides the opportunity to network directly with professionals and companies interested in hiring top MSBA students.
Meeting the data science demand
Learn to use advanced analytical techniques. Develop skills in R, SQL, and Python. Maximize student-to-student learning through professional case studies and presentations.
Class of 2020 Profile:
Class Size – 36
Female – 25%
International Students – 19%
Average GRE Quant – 68th Percentile
Average GPA – 3.56
Average Work Experience – 2.6 years
We care about each and every student’s success and our numbers are a testament to that, with nearly 100 percent of our students having jobs prior to graduation. We achieve this by:
· Accepting students who have the technical competency to succeed in a business analytics career
· Requiring a business communication class that teaches you how to land an interview and secure a job
· Offering robust career management to enrolled students, emphasizing one-on-one coaching and support
· Building long-term relationships to ensure that corporations come back year after year to recruit our students
· Constantly working to build new relationships with companies that value data-driven decision making
Our faculty work hand-in-hand with industry partners to ensure students graduate with the skills to succeed.
They drive innovation through their research, receiving National Science Foundation grants, Edelman Awards and Wagner Prizes for their discoveries and the relevance of their application. Last year the program won the prestigious Smith Prize because of our ability to integrate coursework with practical experience.
In November 2018, INFORMS, the leading international association for operations research and analytics professionals, awarded the University of Tennessee, Knoxville’s Haslam College of Business its 2018 UPS George D. Smith Prize for an innovative curriculum, taught in the context of a true business environment, that prepares students to become effective practitioners.
Haslam MBA graduates' starting salaries rose 27 percent in 2019